Wednesday 15 December 2010

Evening Walk

I want you to picture the scene

It's 18.00
pitch black - just a few stars for company
-2°
and I need to take the dogs for a walk.

I wrap warm with 3 fleecies, my thick walking coat, hat, gloves, scarf and head torch

Max's lead is light reflective and I have some of the same on the heels of my trainers, so off we went.

Luckily there is not too much traffic on our road but when a car did come, I did turn my face away from the car!!

The last car that came past was my neighbour. When she stopped, I bent down to say hello and I think she thought I was mad. I had a red hat pulled right down to my eyes, the torch was all lopsided and my scarf covered the bottom half of my face. We didn't talk for long as it was too cold.

Max was so cold he was wimpering and nipping my leg to tell me he wanted to go home.

We were out for about 30 minutes and I came back in feeling really good.

No pictures - forgot the camera, when I go for a walk tonight I will take it with me


4 comments:

Diane said...

The best thing about dogs is that they make you go out when you dont want to - but a walk always makes you feel good. xxxxx

Unknown said...

Some years ago, my mum was looking after my sister's dog while sister was on holiday. Somehow the dog got out of mum's apartment late one night and ran off. Mum, dressed much the same way you were, with torch in hand decided it was a good idea to go looking for said dog in the dead of night and dead of winter in the HUGE park adjacent to her home. Two policemen patrolling the park by car pulled over and told her, in no uncertain terms, to GO HOME NOW. (She ended up finding the dog a couple of days later, a good samaritan had picked him up and taken him to the local SPCA.)

Sue from Ky. said...

In this country, you best have a pistol or club hidden under all that clothes. It isn't safe to walk during the day,much less the night.It's been at the 0 mark on the themometer lately and lots of snow, so the walk will have to wait.It's so cold, the pets don't wander too far from the door, and then they're whining to get in asap. So quick the dog catcher couldn't possibly nab them,but of course, we are way out in the country.

John Going Gently said...

sweet blog entry! very sweet