Wednesday 1 December 2010

Cold and White

This is the second day this week that I am working from home.

Monday was snowy and MOH only had a couple of lessons at the office, then had to come back to the nearest town to where we live for a lesson in the afternoon, so I decided to work from home.
My son did not go to school as there were no school buses. Because they go round all the villages and country lanes, when there is ice on the roads they cancel the bus.


Yesterday MOH and I went to the office. This is a 30kms trip and takes us about 35 minutes, depending on what time we leave home. The weird thing was that when we had gone about 10kms there was not a scrap of snow. It seems as though it was just the south of the department that had snow at the weekend, Tours was clear.

Today MOH has lessons close to home so once again I am at home working. It's invoice time and I am trying to get them out before the 10th of the month, which is what has happened for the last few months.

I am sitting in the lounge - no heating on - and I am wearing 3 fleecies, a long sleeve t shirt and a vest to keep me warm. I am wrapped up in a lovely woollen scarf as well. This morning I have had Max on my knee while I am keying the invoices on my pc.

This morning when we woke up, it was 5.4° in our bedroom and we had ice on the inside of the windows. Brrrr....

I will make the fire soon, so that will keep us warm this afternoon.

We have snow forecast for tonight again, so we will see what tomorrow brings.

Keep warm and safe

7 comments:

John Going Gently said...

the world has gone SNOW!!!

Wally B said...

maybe a big pot of Cassoulet would be in order.
Things have warmed up over here, but it seems like everywhere else is getting dumped on.
How are the animals liking it?

Living the frugal life in France said...

legend - funny you should say that - I made Baked beans and bacon in the slow cooker today.
The animals are very cold.
I was thinking about you today - not heard from you for a while - how's your roof in the snow?
John- you are not wrong. Did you manage to get out today?

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

That's not your house is it Sue:) Imagine trying to keep that place warm. Brrrrrrr 5.4 in your bedroom crikey:( Hope your fire soon warms things up. Summer began here yesterday:( Take good care. Linda xxx

John Going Gently said...

yes I got out!!! thank the lord
x

Diane said...

Keep warm - I reckon weve got more to come! xxxx

Young at Heart said...

tights under the jeans....not a good look but it does keep you warm....I do so miss not having an open fire, stay warm!!