Tuesday 30 November 2010

Puppy News


I though you might like an update on Max.


He is now 10,5 weeks old. I took him to the vet last week for his vaccinations and we came home with worming treatment and stuff to clean inside his ears, which are filthy.

Apart from that he was very good and well behaved but he did bark at the vet!!

It is just like having a young child in the house. He follows me everywhere - I did not realise how many times I go from the kitchen to the store-room every day, I do now because he is always with me and I have to pay attention!
I wouldn't have believed how much poo a tiny little dog can produce. It seems never ending, although I think I am getting the hang of when to take him outside.

He has learnt to sit but not stay yet and comes back when he is called - most of the time!


He lookings after me and protects me when our neighbour's dog comes round, (the one that killed the chickens). He stands in front of me and barks like mad at Nala, and if she goes round the back of me, he does too. She is huge compared to him but he stands up for himself.

He walks to heel - most of the time, and when he thinks he has walked far enough, and I am not paying attention, he nips my trouser leg to tell me to stop.

AAHHHH

If this is all too boring please tell me to stop.

Last night for the second night, Miss allowed him in her basket to sleep. If he sits quietly and does not make a fuss she will let him stay.

He loves the fire.

He almost sits in it.

Here are a couple of pictures. Please ignore the dirty fireplace. I did not realise just how dirty it was until I saw these pictures. If anyone has any ideas how to clean the stone, I would be very grateful


This is his basket where he sleeps. He does have a proper wicker basket but it is too big for him and he keeps chewing the wicker. So this is where he goes to sleep.

4 comments:

Diane said...

No dont stop - he is utterly adorble. I love his little face. xxxxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Aaaaaah, he's very very cute. I'm with Diane, I'm enjoying your little updates!

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Sue he is just so gorgeous, I especially love the little tuffs of hair on top of his head:) The more posts and photos the better in my eyes. xxx

imbeingheldhostage said...

awwww, he's so sweet!