Wednesday 10 November 2010

Lunch today

I was very lucky today to be given my lunch by one of our students

With the ladies, food is always a subject that is universal and it is really interesting to talk about cultural differences.

The student in question is French but of Tunisian origin, so lots of different mixes with the food. Last week she had been talking about her chicken Tagine and very kindly brought some in for S and me to try.

When she said Tagine I expected a casserole type dish cooked in a tagine. Show you what I know. That is the Moroccan version! The Tunisian version is much more like a Spanish Tortilla.

It tasted lovely and when it was warm I'm sure it would be even nicer.

here is her recipe if anyone wants to have a go


Besma's Tunisian Tagine

Cooked Chicken (chopped small)
Cooked potatoes (chopped small)
parsley
10 - 12 eggs
Black pepper & salt
tumeric
saffron (a little)
harissa (optional)

1. Fry the potatoes and chicken.
2. Fry the parsley in a little oil and salt & pepper
3. Mix all the ingredients
4. Put in an ovenproof dish
5. Cook in a medium oven - 180° or gas mark 4
6. Pierce regularly until cooked through

Eat with salad, or cold

I hope you enjoy it.



8 comments:

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Looks very tasty. Big day tomorrow Sue♥ Linda xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Living the frugal life in France said...

Thank you Linda. I know but feeling very under the weather- bad back now!!
I think I will postpone my birthday till later
Sue

Wally B said...

This looks tsaty, especially with harissa.
Happy birthday Sue

Wally B said...

or even tasty

Fay McKenzie said...

Looks yummy!!!

Diane said...

I love Morrocan food - that soundfs gorgeous. xxx

John Going Gently said...

I ll give this a go!!!

BadPenny said...

That looks great & how nice of your student.