Friday 13 August 2010

Colour Coding


If you read my blog yesterday you will know that I am in a 'clearing out' phase, and not before time too.
Yesterday I spent time going through my wardrobe and taking out anything I had not worn for a year or did not fit me anymore. I have put on a lot of weight in the last 3 years and my wardrobe has changed. I kept things in there that I thought I would be able to fit into but never did, so out they came.
Anyway that got me thinking about my clothes over the last 15 years. When I worked in the UK - Training Manager of a bank I had a set of smart business clothes, a set of casual at home clothes and a set of going out clothes (2 of us working, money no problem), then when I moved to France - Director of a bank, I brought all those clothes with me but soon found that my work clothes were much too dressy and too warm, so gradually these started to change. That was 10 years ago. Now I have a much more casual wardrobe and the dressy clothes have long gone.

However I do have a certain way of organising my clothes - they are all colour grouped and I try and flow the colours into each other - grey next to black, pink next to red etc. I do the same thing with MOHs shirts, they are all colour grouped and separate long and short sleeves.

Does anyone else do this?

I do have to say that I am not as organised about anything else in my life - except washing hanging on the line - it has to be all the same things together - t-shirts, then shirts and colours together.

Gosh, as I am writing this it makes me sound very @n?@ retentive, but I can assure you I am not . Well I hope so anyway!

Hope to hear your organising tricks

No comments: