Tuesday 12 October 2010

Last two songs

Here are my last two songs- I do have a lot more but I don't want to bore you all.

Sister Sledge - We are Family



This never failed or fails to get me on the dance floor. I always asked for this record when I was out with my friends and work colleagues
Realeased in 1979

My second song is bit different.

Eye to Eye Contact - Edwin Starr

Released in 1979.

I saw Edwin Starr live in the early 80s in an hotel which was also one of the local discos. Thursday night, I think, was locally know as Grab a Granny night. Anyone remember the Plantation Hotel in Chester?
I was in my early 20s then. If I went now, I would be one of the grannies!!!!
When Edwin Starr came to play live, the place was packed. If you remember Saturday night Fever with the coloured squared dance floor, this was what they had but quite tiny, so there we all were squashed up to the small raised area where he was singing, and boy was it good. We sang and danced and screamed. He really worked the audience.
So every time I hear this song it reminds me of that night.

2 comments:

atif saleem said...

This is your most outstanding write up so far. Keep up the good work!hotels manchester

Diane said...

You are a bit of a disco diva aren't you! Ive loved your music posts - I'm going to do a very special music post later in the week - keep your eyes peeled. xxxx