Saturday 4 September 2010

We've taken the plunge ..........

No not really...

But we have taken the plunge with our budgeting.

Went onto Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert site and completed the budgeting page.
Then on Wednesday went to the bank and drew out my housekeeping money for September in cash. I have not used cash like that for years and years. MOH said today he thought it was better to use cash because it felt like you were actually spending money not just using your card all the time. I gave MOH his money for the month for the pig food. Just a quick aside - the price of grain for the pigs has increased by 1,50€ for a 25kg sack in just 2 weeks!!

This week I managed to get all my shopping for just under 50€. Thankfully I have a freezer full of pork, lots of potatoes, tomatoes, onions, squashes and tons of chillis!!
Tonight we ate a really nice meal - sauted potatoes, roasted tomatoes, onions with steak and salmon that I found in the freezer.

I have also planned my menu for the second week running and even though my son is not always happy with the meals he is eating them.

Sunday - Roast Pork, Roast potatoes, peas and carrots
Apple Crumble
Monday - Yorkshire Puddings with pork and gravy
Tuesday - Rissoles with tomato salad and pasta
Wednesday - Home made chicken curry and rice
Thursday - Chicken and mushroom pie ( chicken left over from last week and frozen)
Friday - Home made pizza

I would like to thank the following people who have inspired me with their blogs:

Frugal Queen - http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.com/
Foster Mummy - http://fostermummy.blogspot.com/
Hardup Hester - http://harduphester.blogspot.com/
Shirley Goode - http://shirleygoode.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

Rumpleteazer said...

Sounds like a good idea. We set a budget every month and manage to go over nearly every month. The cost of petrol doesn't exactly help when we have to cover a lot of miles.

Living the frugal life in France said...

Hello and thank you for your comment
Petrol is a big expense for us, some of it we get back on expenses but we have to travel over 30 kms to get to work and we have to have 2 cars, so I have had to budget all this too.