Friday 24 September 2010

Zuzzzzzzzzzzz

That's the only way I can describe the noise that has been waking us up several times a night for the last week.
Anyone guessed what it is?

yes - the mozzie.

For the last week we have been plagued by them. While we're watching tv in the lounge, they dive bomb us and zuzzzz in our ears, but the worst is during the night when you wake up to hear

Zuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.allmosquitos.com/mosquito-sounds/mosquito-sound1.html

You have two choices, either cover up completely and look like a mummy, wrapped in the duvet or the light goes on and you jump out of bed, grap a t-shirt and follow it round the room waiting until it lands. (have discovered over the years -that the best way to kill a mosquito is to whack it with a t-shirt, as hard as possible when it lands on the wall or ceiling.)

Last night was the worst.
It was hot, so the quilt was not completely covering every inch of flesh, and I woke up to hear Zuzzzzzzz, jumped out of bed, then realised I had been bitten all across my chest, my arms, fingers and shoulders - at least 6 bites. And to make matters worse I couldn't see the mozzie, so I lay there with the light on for over an hour waiting for it.
Finally gave up and went back to sleep.

4 O'clock in the morning --- Zuzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.allmosquitos.com/mosquito-sounds/mosquito-sound1.html

There it was again - more bites and still couldn't find it.

I'm surprised it could fly with all the blood it had sucked out of me.

So this morning I found the plug-in mosquito killer, shut the bedroom door and hopefully tonight, we might get a full night's sleep.

I think we will need to redecorate the bedroom after this week. There are quite a number of black and red marks on the walls!!

Does anyone else have any mozzie experiences?


4 comments:

Absinthe Fairy said...

For once there is something to be thankful for from the first frosts of the season - no more mozzies!!

I have never understood why they will suck every drop from me yet not touch my other half.

I took the mozzie nets down from the living room window the other day in fact, not that they were doing anything as the kittens had ripped a kitten sized hole in it so they could use the window as a shortcut to bed.

Living the frugal life in France said...

I don't remember us having mozzies this late in the year, must be the warm weather we are still having.

Manchester Lass, Now and Then said...

Oh no the dreaded mozzies:( We are just starting our season downunder.

Unknown said...

We used to have the annual mozzie experience on our holiday at Carnac, until we found the campsite was just behind a storm drain (which in Carnac are two metres wide and over a metre deep and there was a bridge over it to get to the campsite) and we used to get bitten badly. We don't use that campsite anymore and use one away from the marshy area someway up a hill.